Pfizer is perhaps the world's most innovative drug company, not only in terms of developing new drugs to treat, for example, high cholesterol -- which, BTW, it failed at spectacularly -- but also at keeping old drugs on the market beyond their patent expiration date and competing with generic drug companies.
We are referring, of course, to Pfizer's efforts to keep Lipitor on the market competing with generic versions after Lipitor's Nov 30, 2011, expiry date.
This article summarizes Pfizer's innovative "Save the Lipitor Cash Cow" battle plan.
- A Multi-Phase Approach
- Poem: Lipitor Won't Go Gentle Into that Good Generic Night
- Unprecedented DTC Spending Binge
- PBM Deal
- Lipitor's 2010 Marketing Budget
- The Top 25 Most Advertised Rx Brands in 2010
- Occupy Pfizer!
- Pfizer's Playbook: Will It Be Copied?
- What's the Social Media Plan?