In the early days of the Internet hundreds of health Web sites of questionable quality proliferated without any guarantee of accuracy, lack of bias, privacy, etc. Today, thousands of mobile health apps of unknown quality are available for downloading by healthcare professionals and consumers.
As with Web sites in the early days, it is difficult today for users of mobile health apps to be assured that the apps are reliable, accurate, based on valid information, and adequately safeguard users' information. In many ways, we are living through another digital "wild west" without any sheriffs to protect us.
And it appears that we do need protection.
Read this article now. It's FREE...
- Inaccurate Health Apps
- Overzealous FDA Regulation?
- The Regulation of Pharma Health Apps Survey Results
- Good App Privacy Practices
- Test and Document
- Possibly the First Ever "Dear Doctor' Letter Regarding a Recall Mobile Medical App
- Certification of Mobile Health Apps
- Will Regulation Kill Innovation?
- Self-Regulation: Devil's in the Details
Download PDF file