With the challenges facing the pharmaceutical industry in the more developed markets of the US, Western Europe and Japan, the emerging markets have become the growth engine for many businesses, including Big Pharma, which is shifting its investment to new geographies. Nevertheless, in countries where market research is not yet established, e.g., China, India and the Middle East, online penetration is limited, secondary data sources are nonexistent, and the challenge remains how to get the insights required to guide business strategy in these markets.
This is the first in a series of articles summarizing highlights from a recent webinar focused on these issues featuring experts from Kantar Health, a global consultancy and marketing insights organization that was formed in 2009 by uniting Consumer Health Sciences, MattsonJack, TNS Healthcare and Ziment.
Topic headings & charts include:
- Importance of Emerging Markets
- The "Emerging 7"
- Growing Affluence of Populations
- CHART: Global Pharma 5 Year Growth Projections
- CHART: Growth of Middle Class in Emerging Markets
- Emerging Market Misconceptions
- China's Five-Pillar Framework
- The "Rurban" Opportunity
- More Data Becoming Available
- Shift from Product Positioning to Brand Marketing
- Sales Force Effectiveness
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Research Methodologies That Work Best in Emerging Markets